Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Of Age and Beauty

A woman may develop wrinkles and cellulite, lose her waisteline, her bustline, her ability to bear a child, even her sense of humor, but none of that implies a loss of her sexuality, her femininity...~ Barbara Gordon.

I've always been afraid of growing old. My vanity started at a young age and the thought of being old always drove me to try every anti aging product on the market, far sooner than necessary. As thirty crept up on me last year, the panic set in. How would I survive turning thirty? Fine lines began appearing, throwing me into bouts of depression over getting old. Then the day came that I was no longer twenty nine and nothing, but everything, changed. I was still the same person.
When I smile, my dimples still show. Yes, there are lines around my eyes, but the centers still glisten with excitement. I have put on some weight, but it makes me look more womanly. My hair appointments have become more frequent, but so has my sex life. For every negative thing that I could come up with, there has also been something wonderful to discover about my journey into thirty.
I am more confident. For the first time in my life, I no longer feel the need to apologize to everyone all the time. I am not sorry for my choices and actions. I am sure of myself and where I am in life. I have more patience with myself and my children. I see my husband maturing and it has made him even more handsome than he's ever been. My body is finally healed from the numerous childbirths and my energy is no longer suffocated by pregnancies. I have had enough life experience to help others who have not yet traveled the paths I have. Of course, I'm also wise enough to know that I still do not know much compared to countless other women. I'm also old enough to value the thoughts and advice of those who have gone before me.
Leaving behind my young adulthood has made me see how beautiful it truly is to grow older. I am enjoying the first year of my thirties and am proud to say that I actually am starting to look forward to what the next decade and beyond holds for me!

Here is a lovely slideshow of gorgeous women over 30: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ynpt7ePXBg

Live Glamorously~ Kadi

No comments:

Post a Comment